Rushcliffe Community and Voluntary Service has been making a difference to people and communities since 1984.
Our Mission is to:
“improve quality of life, addressing local needs and issues through developing and enabling a vigorous and diverse voluntary sector.”
In this way, our dedicated team of paid staff and wonderful volunteers support people to stay physically and socially active, improve wellbeing and live independently for longer.
We recognise that inequalities exist and will therefore give priority to working with individuals, groups or communities whose full participation in society is limited by disadvantage and social exclusion.
The way we work is driven by the following values:
- A belief in equality of opportunity and social justice for all
- A belief in the right of individuals to work together to participate in decision-making and local action
- A belief in the importance of building the capacity of voluntary and community groups, so that they are democratic and accountable
- A belief in the need for the voluntary and community sector to work as equal partners with others, to bring about the development and regeneration of their communities
- A belief in being open and accountable in all our working relationships with all of our partners
We mainly operate in the Borough of Rushcliffe but we can undertake appropriate work in other areas subject to funding. For example, we also run the Voluntary Transport Scheme in Gedling.
Rushcliffe CVS is a full member of the National Council for Voluntary Organisations (NCVO) and the Community Transport Association.
Read our latest Annual Report about our work.
We're passionate believers in the power of volunteering. It changes lives for the better. That's why we encourage and support people to get involved.